On the West Coast, Apply-A-Line, LLC. has built a reputation for being the marque specialty contractor involved in the installation of pavement markings. Our customers look for us to provide safe working environments, provide a quality product, and produce our product in a timely manner, which are the three pillars we’ve used to generate success, Safety - Quality - Production.
We have 5 locations - Honolulu, HI, Redding, CA, Crescent City, CA, Portland, OR and Corporate Headquarters in Pacific, WA. If you like to work hard and make money, like to travel, love the outdoors and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty, we have the job for you. We are looking for skilled field workers to join our Road Striping Team.
Field workers perform fabrication and maintenance work on all vehicles and equipment; including but not limited to all work on roadways, highways, freeways, airports, runways, heliports, parking lots, playgrounds, and game courts etc.:
- All layout, painting, application, and installation of protective and/or decorative coatings and materials, lines, arrows, bumpers, and curbs, cosmetic skid-resistant surface treatment, surface sealing, etc.
- The handling, painting, and installing of all car stops, traffic regulatory warning and guide signs, and any other type of sign or device installed for the purpose of regulating traffic (including pedestrians) on such surfaces.
- The installation of temporary and/or permanent traffic delineating devices, including, but not limited to, striping, thermoplastics, plural component materials, cutting of recesses for striping or markings, rumble and traffic bars delineators, and traffic tapes.
- Installation of guard rails, survey monuments, posts, and protective devices and all traffic regulator materials.
- Installation and application of, painting, stenciling, repairing, placing, and removal of traffic safety and control devices, barricades, and cones.
- The preparation and maintenance of all surfaces, as outlined above, including sandblasting, water blasting, shot blast and grinding.
- Installation and application of all thermoplastics, paints, pavement markers, and any other materials used in the above work including line removal.
- The operation of vehicles and machinery in conjunction with performing the above work.
- Traffic control incidental to the above work.
- CDL A or B required (or must be able to obtain CDL within 1 year)
- HS diploma, GED
- Possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record to drive company vehicles
- Experience using/operating hand tools
- Willing to travel including overnight or longer
- Ability to work from construction maps/plans, follow layouts specified by customer
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
Ability to walk long distances, stand for long periods, bend-over frequently, perform a variety of tasks that include lifting, carrying 50+lbs; pushing, pulling 100lbs
- Any previous experience performing traffic control striping
- Previous mechanical experience
Union wages + benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance, pension and paid sick leave)
Working Conditions outdoors; driving to and from job site and/or yard to load equipment and material. exposure to various weather conditions, dust, fumes, and hazardous materials such as solvents, adhesives, paints, hot oil and other chemicals. Working in and around traffic; vehicles coming from all directions. Must remain alert and familiar with job site.
10hr+ work days / 40hr+ work weeks (as needed-including nights/weekends/travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as needed.